A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Monday 17 January 2011

French Engraved Powder Horns.

Chistine from www.kristinsawyer.com  contacted me asking if I knew of any French engraved powder horns. Well I think I found a couple for Christine, but their French heritage has a big question mark over it. Certainly one has a Fleurdelis engraved on it, and  bears a French name, but this does not make it conclusive. The other comes from Montreal and is believed to be French. I did some more thinking on this matter and decided to see if I could find more information. I was astounded by the lack of information on the net! Still the search goes on. If anyone has any info on French engraved powder horns, please contact me.
Thank you.












This lower example is made of leather. Images supplied by Steven Lalioff.


2 comments:

DianeLynn said...

aww beautiful work. What treasurers!!

Gorges Smythe said...

They're all great, but that second one is a beauty!