A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Thought For The Day.


"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’ The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked, ‘Which wolf wins?’ The old Cherokee simply replied, ‘The one you feed.’"

6 comments:

buddeshepherd said...

Not to come out of nowhere and post a cynical comment but...
When I was 12 years old when had an incredible preacher for our revival meetings. I almost went forward. While still under the effects of the sermon I accompanied by Mother to the Bible Book Store pick up some pencils for the birthday offering prizes. I chanced across a book of sermon illustrations and opened immediately to a story I had just heard from the evangelist which he had related as if it had happened to himself.
I was forever disillusioned.
The point of my story is that people just write this inspirational crap and I really doubt any Indian told that story.

Pumice said...

I linked from Georges Grouse. I will bookmark your site and check back.

Grace and peace

Keith said...

buddeshepherd. I have no doubt that in some cases you are quite correct, however, I did not post this as an example of an authentic quote, merely because I thought what it said was true.
Personally I have a problem shaking the wrongs done to me, every once in a while they come back to haunt me. It does me no good to hang on to the anger. So when it raises its ugly head I try not to feed it.
Keith.

Keith said...

Thank you Pumice.
Keith.

Gorges Smythe said...

I know what Budd means, but I still like the story for its truth.

Keith said...

Exactly Gorges.
Keith.